When I saw the prompt for this month’s Runners Tell All with Amanda and Beka I knew writing this post would be a struggle. You see… I’m a pretty low maintenance runner.
I’m not dedicated to a certain brand of running shoe. I don’t invest in fancy headphones because I don’t listen to music. I even wear Walmart-brand sports bras sometimes.
The best thing about running is that anyone can do it and it doesn’t have to be a huge investment. That being said, here’s what I grab when it’s time to run:
|Also something you should know... I never, ever, ever match. I'm always a hodge podge of colors, |
and I'm okay with that because I'm not concerned with looking cute when I run.
That being said, I don't own the outfit above. Just the shoes.
1. Asics GT-2000 2 in Electric Melon – Shoes are the only piece of running gear that I highly recommend investing in. I wrote a whole post about how critical it is to find the right running shoe here. When I went to get fitted at Fleet Feet, these just so happened to be the best shoes for me.
2. Sports Bra - Any one will do – just make sure it has enough support for you. I’m on the smaller side, so I don’t have to be that picky. A majority of my sports bras have been Christmas or birthday presents because every one knows I will use them.
3. Running Shorts – All my Nike running shorts were gifts or were purchased with birthday money. The rest of my shorts came from Target or TJMaxx. I prefer the kind with built-in underwear because it reduces my chances of getting chafe. And, they absolutely must not be made of cotton.
4. iPhone Armband – The picture shows a fancy one that would be nice to have so I could store my debit card or cash for emergencies. In reality, mine came from Walmart. Like I said before, I don’t listen to music, but I like to have my iPhone with me to keep up with my time, distance and pace.
5. Nike+ Running App – And, I keep up with my time, distance and pace with the Nike+ Running App. It’s the only app I have ever spent money on, and the $2 was definitely worth it. I also wrote a post on other (free) apps I use when I run, too.
And… that about does it. I do wear a shirt, but it’s an old t-shirt that I cut the sleeves off of, so I didn’t really want to show you a picture of that. My socks also came from Walmart, so that’s not very exciting either. I told you – it’s the only area of my life that I’m low maintenance. I just can’t justify spending a lot of money on something I’m going to sweat all over and have to replace in less than a year.
What about you? Do you have any special running gear that you can convince me is worth it?